Youth Worker (Bank staff)
Role: Youth worker (Bank staff)
Location: Various London Locations
Salary: £11.63 per hour
Contact: email@example.com or call 02030800383 for an application pack.
Contract: Bank staff / various hours as needed
Deadline: We recruit for this position on a rolling basis
Action on Disability Youth Service offers a wide range of fun and accessible opportunities for young disabled people aged 11-25. Young people can challenge themselves, make new friends and learn new skills. We provide a range of activities during term time and the holiday period.
Action on Disability is looking to recruit a number of youth workers to support disabled young people accesses various youth projects (youth clubs, junior clubs, performing art projects). The purpose of the job is to support the personal, social and informative needs of the young people attending the programme and ensure participation. Youth workers work directly with children and young people, helping them to build life skills, develop healthy relationships and challenge them to make informed decisions. You will support young people to build on their confidence and self-esteem and create positive group atmospheres. You will also ensure young people are safe and have access to resources and opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To take responsibility for the coordination and smooth running of the programme. This may include facilitating informative and leisure activities, including themed projects, discussions, games, collecting evaluations and feedback.
- To focus attention on the individual developmental needs of young people and to ensure that face to face work is the priority. This should be properly balanced against any other duties within the workload.
- To manage young people’s behaviour and the safety of those young people in his/her care, on or off the premises.
- To ensure that the premises and equipment are properly supervised when in use and secure when not in use.
- To provide escort support on the programme transport service for the young people. Ensuring that young people are collected and dropped off home safely as directed.
- To ensure volunteers on the programme are properly supported and utilised in the programme and activity areas.
- To foster good communication at all times on the programme and ensure that all incidents and achievements are properly recorded, in line with AoD policies and procedures.
- To ensure that individual care support is managed
- To comply with AoD’s safeguarding and child protection procedures ensuring that all children and young people are safe from harm and abuse. Where appropriate, to respect confidentiality and ensure that all disclosures are reported to your line manager.
- To work in accordance with Action on Disability’s Aims, Objectives and Values
- To comply with all organisational and departmental policies and procedures, and in particular to ensure safe, fair and responsible working practices through the implementation of AoD’s Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding and Confidentiality policies
- To promote the work of AoD and promote and implement the social model of disability
- To work flexibly, being prepared to perform other duties commensurate with the role, which may include new areas of operation following consultation
- Any other task appropriate to the role.
- Experience working with young people
- A strong commitment to young people and an understanding of the factors affecting their live
- Excellent organisation and time keeping skills
- The ability to provide reliable support to young people and act with integrity in times of stress
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish good relationships with young people
- Patience, tolerance and flexibility
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- A sense of adventure and a willingness to try new things
- The ability to treat young people’s concerns with respect, tact and sensitivity, while being aware of the limits that are required by confidentiality and the boundaries that govern the youth/youth worker relationship
- A great deal of resilience
- Youth work qualification
- Experience of working with disabled young people
Our offer to you
We offer a diverse, supportive and positive environment that fosters creativity and innovation within a dedicated team who are passionate about removing the barriers that disabled young people face.
We look forward to hearing from you!